Dr. Luna is the interventional cardiologist who performs CCSVI treatment at Angeles Health, alongside an interventional neurologist.
Dr. Luna completed his medical degree at Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Mexicali, Mexico, and specialized in Internal Medicine.
His medical education includes a fellowship at the Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia in Mexico City in Cardiovascular Medicine with a sub-specialty in Cardiology, and another in Cardiac Catheterization with a sub-specialty in Invasive Cardiology.
Dr. Luna also completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowships in the U.S. at Stanford University School of Medicine (California) in Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology.
Dr. Luna’s research experience is extensive: He has occupied a Research Fellow position in the Division of Cardiovascular medicine at Stanford University, doing clinical research in the Intravascular Ultrasound Core Laboratory and clinical testing of medical devices, as well as experimental research on atherosclerotic plaque characterization, percutaneous treatment of mitral regurgitation and the development of new devices for coronary interventions.
Dr. Luna is a staff physician in Cardiovascular Diseases and the Cardiac Catheterization & Angiography Laboratory at Angeles Health.
He has published over 24 articles on cardiology and often speaks at international scientific gatherings.
DR LUNA’S DEGREES & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- A Graduate of the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California.
- American College of Physicians.
- Internal Medicine Association of Mexico.
- Mexican Board of Internal Medicine.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates-United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Mexican Board of Cardiology.
- Mexican Society of Cardiology.
- American College of Cardiology.
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
- Latin-American Society of Interventional Cardiology.
- Mexican Society of Interventional Cardiology.
To find out if you are a candidate for CCSVI treatment with Dr. Luna, please contact us using the form on the right.